Whether for a parent who places a premium on providing plenty of space, or even just a pack of pals, this pavilion is downright palatial.
- Spacious 8-person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds.Roomy interior: 16 x 7 ft. With 6 ft. 2 in. Center height; fits 3 queen-size air beds Quick setup in 15 minutes with carry bag included for easy transportation.Tent Rainfly : No, Vestibule Area : No, Built in Lights : No.Special feature: Portable, Waterproof, Lightweight
- WeatherTec system with patented corner welds and inverted seams helps keep water out
- Extended door awning keeps shoes and gear dry; hinged door offers easy access
- Measures 16 x 7 feet with 6-foot 2-inch center height
- Quick setup in 15 minutes with carry bag included for easy transportation
Wordplay aside, if you’re looking for space and comfort for a sizable group on your next excursion, Montana is tough to beat.
Well over 100 square feet of floor space mean that up to eight can sleep comfortably all in the same structure, though be warned—with no dividers separating the area into distinct rooms, you might want to be sure you’re very comfortable with all of the occupants.
Coleman 8-Person Tent for Camping – Easy Setup
Not Just Big
Of course, this tent isn’t just about space. Anybody could manufacture one that’s big, but it takes true engineering to scale up the quality and durability of a top-of-the-line model to a larger surface area.
After all, bigger means that more can go wrong; longer seams to spring leaks, more surface area to catch the wind, and so on. A genuinely solid cabin-style shelter doesn’t just fit eight people, it keeps them warm, dry and comfortable, and you’d better believe this one stands up.
Coleman’s WeatherTec system doesn’t just mean quality materials like high-density polyester taffeta, it also assures the camper that no expense or effort has been spared in ensuring their comfort. Design choices like fully-taped and inverted seams, zipper cuffs, and an exterior that’s shaped to shear off wind all contribute to the heavy-duty weatherproofing.
Nobody wants to go out into the wilderness and have to spend time fighting their gear. This is especially true when setting up a shelter, which can become much more difficult depending on the design of the thing itself, as well as the local conditions.
High winds and a complex set-up could combine to frustrate a camper before they’ve even had a chance to settle in! Clearly Coleman had that problem in mind when they designed the Montana, which for all its size is a breeze to set up with even just two people, and can even be done by one person alone.
Another popular feature is the innovative hinged door, which avoids the danger of a broken zipper—the downfall of many solidly-built abodess—by causing the door to snap shut into waiting Velcro connection-points.
Of course, there is a zipper as well, when you want to provide that little extra bit of sealing to keep out bugs, but less need to use the zipper means less chance of it breaking, and that’s definitely a good thing.
Many users are also very fond of the way the rain fly is designed to extend outward over the door. That doesn’t just mean more protection, it also provides a nice, shady spot to relax in, and is even big enough for a pair of folding chairs.
When your camping gear comes with its own patio, you know you’re enjoying real luxury. In addition, there are similar overhangs extending out to the sides, rather than outright covering the expanses of highly-breathable mesh. As such, you’ll enjoy more airflow even with the fly deployed.
And, for car-campers and others who want a little extra technology in their excursion, you’ll also find electrical access ports for easy connection to an outside power source.
There are numerous camping health benefits, so what’s stopping you from buying this tent and going to relax your mind.
It’s probably inevitable that a model with as many great features as this one would have some shortcomings too. With all its breathability, some find that it can be too hot with the fly on, and too cool with it off. Of course, you can’t please everybody, but a shelter that’s designed to fit up to eight should factor in how stifling sharing close quarters with a large number of people can be.
Moreover, the lack of rear ventilation not only contributes to some peoples’ complaints about insufficient airflow, it can also create a structural weakness by exposing a large amount of surface area to strong winds.
Additionally, in such conditions, the fly is all but necessary to help provide structural support to the body, which means a warm, windy day could get uncomfortable quickly.
Finally, some complain that Coleman seems to have skimped on stakes—a risky thing, with a shelter that faces as much exposure to wind as this one does. For camping in windier seasons, stronger stakes may be advisable.
In our opinion, the Coleman Montana is capable of meeting most needs, and if you’re camping with a group, or plan to be outdoors for an extended period it’s hard to argue with all the space it has to offer. You can expect it to keep you warm and dry, and clever engineering has definitely mitigated common flaws like broken zippers and leaky seams.
However, confronting the very toughest conditions may not be quite ideal, and any tent designed to fit eight people is going to face some real logistical and design issues. Still, if you’re looking for a pavilion-style offering, the Coleman has a lot to offer.
Check out more similar camping tents you can buy:
- ROOMY INTERIOR: Straight wall design with 72in center height create more space to stand up changing and move.
- WEATHER PROTECTION: High-tech coating material with sealed seams and waterproof strip guarantees water-resistant.
- EASY SETUP & COLOR COATED POLES: No particular skills needed, 2 people could set up the tent easily in 5 min.
- GREAT VENTILATION: Mesh tent top and doors offer great views and ventilation.
- 2 ROOMS: A separated curtain can be used as room divider and projector screen.
- Convertible screen room with inverted "T" style door and inside flap zippered windows
- Removable seam-sealed fly provides versatility
- Mesh roof vents, 2 zippered side windows with inside flaps
- Shock corded fiberglass roof frame with steel uprights and corner elbows combined with pin & ring for easy set up
- Guy out vent at the back of the tent, Two convenience pockets
- INSTANT SETUP: The tent body with pre-attached poles that lock into place creates a setup time as short as 2 minutes.
- WEATHER PROTECTION: H20 Block Technology combines water-repellent fabrics with a fully taped rainfly and sealed seams to resist rain.
- ADJUSTABLE VENTILATION: Lower air intake vents draw in cool air from the ground while the mesh ceiling allows hot air to escape.
- MULTIPLE ROOM CAPABILITY: An included room divider can be used to create 2 rooms.
- INTERIOR ORGANIZATION: Keep small items off the floor with the conveniently located storage pockets.
- 100% Polyester
- 8-Person Roomy Tent: With the unfolding size of 98.4*236*78.7in(Sleeping Area: 86.6*94.5*61in *2), the tent is spacious enough for 8 adults weighs only 26.45lb.
- Separate Rooms: the 8 person spacious camping tent contains 2 separate inner tents, which can accommodate 4 people each equipped with 2 independent doors and mesh windows. Ideal tent for family gathering and car camping trip.
- All-round Protection: The premium PU material provides 2000mm water resistance and excellent UV resistance. Equipped with rainfly, our family tent not only provides stronger resistance to harsh weather but keeps the inside of the tent dry and comfortable.
- Easy to Setup：2 Shock Cord Connecting Poles with clips on tent make it easy to set the tent up. Even one people can set up the tent less in 15min.
- Dark Room Technology reduces heat for comfortable rest at any time
- WeatherTec system's welded corners and inverted seams for superior water resistance
- Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Reflective guy lines for greater visibility at night
- E-Port makes it easy to bring electrical power inside
- Spacious interior: Room for 2 queen-size airbeds and ample storage pockets to keep items organized.
- Easy Entry and Exit: Hinged door for fast, hassle-free access.
- Bug-Free Lounging: separate floorless screen room for insect-free relaxation.
- Weatherproof: WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to ensure dryness.
- Convenient Structure: Angled windows for improved air circulation, E-Port for easy electrical power access, and a durable Polyguard fabric construction.
- 【Spacious for 10 Person】Unique 18ft x 9ft x78in, well fitting 10 sleeping bags or 3 queen air mattress, ideal for family camping.
- 【Easy up Tent】Attach FRP poles onto the cabinet tent completely by J hooks, no trouble of inserting poles through sleeves. Patented foot sleeves make it conveniently to set up this family tent more securely and windproof. No particular skills are needed. Two persons can set it up in 8 minutes. Bigger carry bag size at 25.6x10.2x10.2 inches will let you feel relaxed and easy to repack the tent.
- 【Good Ventilation, Large View】Top Large Mesh Roof makes it available to watch stars with a wide view at night; three sides of big mesh windows and the other two on each doors boost air ventilation. The camping tent weighs 23.1 pounds, which makes you feel no burden and easy to carry the tent to the trunk of car.
- 【2 Room Tents, Outdoor Cinema】Hang one Privacy Divider Curtain from the ceiling, the tent becomes two room cabinet tent with 2 doors, which improves privacy. With a projector, the tent can also become an outdoor cinema by projecting videos on the divider screen.
- Tall 8 person Tent: This large tent is 20(14+6)' x 8' x 76", it comfortably fits 2 queen airbeds or up to 8 campers in sleeping bags on the floor. The 76"/6.3 ft center height provides a lot of room to move around.
- Good Family Interaction: This tent for camping is not recommended to be built by 1 person, it is best to be built by 2 or more people. For installation instructions, you can see the video on the product page or the instruction manual and instruction drawings in the carry bag.
- Screen Porch & Good Ventilation: This tent with screen porch makes a bug-free outdoor enjoyment. This cabin tent has high-density net door, windows and ceiling which offer a great view and air circulation. Large vents draw in cool air from the ground and allow hot air to escape through the mesh ceiling.
- Weather Resistant Camping Tent: This weather resistant tent is designed with durable 66D taffeta fabric and fully taped sealed seams, to ensure a dry zone camping. Please keep the tent firmly fixed on the ground by steel stakes.
- Portable: The portable carry bag is 8.77 x 8.77 x 27.7inches; The 8 person tents for camping weighs 25.8 lb. You could store it in the car easily.
- Sleeps up to 10 people. Spacious interior fits 3 queen size air beds
- 80 in. center height provides headroom and walk around space. Front screen porch area for bug-free outdoor enjoyment
- Two removable room dividers allow you to choose whether you want one big room or up to 3 separate rooms. Three windows, a mesh roof and walls provide cross-ventilation
- Roll-back fly on each side of the roof conveniently provides extra ventilation. A mesh roof provides excellent star-gazing opportunities
- Removable fly with taped seams for weather protection. Covered entryway provides a protected entrance into tent
- Made in the USA or Imported premium polyester taffeta 75D material
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Roomy interior: 10 x 9 feet with 5 feet 11 inch center height; Fits 2 queen-size air beds
- Conventional Pitch: Sets up in 15 minutes
- Bug-free lounging: 10 x 5 feet full-floor screen room for an enclosed space