If you are looking for a shoe with a low-cost, high-value waterproofing solution, these are the shoes for you. Hi-Tec’s Women’s Altitude Glide WP Light hiking boots have a variety of things to recommend them: they have a low price, are specifically designed to fit women’s feet, and are overall classic boots with all the high-quality features that entail.
- WATERPROOF HIKING BOOTS FOR MEN - The Altitude VI I is treated with DRI-TEC, so it has a waterproof, breathable membrane to keep feet dry and water out in wet conditions. Plus, our i-shield technology repels water and dirt, and resists stains.
- SUPERIOR HI-TEC TECHNOLOGY - Our Ortholite Impressions insole with slow recovery foam and impact-absorbing CMEVA midsole deliver superior cushioning and arch support. The gusseted tongue keeps debris out, and the rubber toe cap adds reinforcement.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE MICHELIN OUTSOLE - Our rugged rubber outsole improves grip and multi surface traction on rough terrain, and the fork shank ensures flexible but stable movement. The rustproof metal hardware provides an adjustable and secure fit.
- LEATHER UPPER AND MICROFLEECE LINING - The durable leather upper provides support for long treks. The padded collar and tongue provide extra cushioning, and the micro-fleece moisture-wicking lining creates breathable and long-lasting comfort.
- VERSATILE ALL SEASON TRAIL SHOES - Our mens hiking boots move from city to trail as easily as you do, in any weather. The classic neutral colors respect the mountain but are just as comfortable on the street. The shaft is approximately 6" from the arch, the heel is 1.5 " and the platform is 1".
Most importantly, however, they are made to keep water, snow, and dirt outside, exactly where they belong. With these on your feet, you will never have to worry about the weather conditions while you are out exploring—your Altitude Glides will keep you warm and dry regardless of what they are.
Altitude Glide WP Light Hiking Boots
The Altitude Glide comes in two colors, both classic shades of brown leather. It has a black leather tongue and silver accents, making this shoe more durable than the Targhee II or the Newton Ridge Plus, but less breathable. This can be a big advantage in wintry conditions; with the right socks, these boots will keep you very warm.
The bottoms are also designed to be durable: they are made of carbon rubber, with a waffle tread that provides traction in rugged and slippery terrain alike, and have a steel shank, which provides extra sturdiness and support by stabilizing your foot as soon as it touches the ground, minimizing the torsion and thus the risk of injury.
A noteworthy feature of this product is its waterproofing technology. Not only is it equipped with seam seals and designed to trap out moisture and keep your feet warm, but the interior features eVent waterproof membranes designed to keep out the elements while allowing perspiration to evaporate, keeping your feet from overheating.
In addition, the steel shank is rustproof, meaning that you can walk through water and on wet ground without worrying about water damage.
Another perk is the Comfort Tec memory foam sock liner, which is made especially with women’s feet in mind. The liner conforms to fit the contours of your foot with each step, giving you custom-fit arch support as well as helping you remain comfortable as you traverse for long stretches of the day.
Compared to the KEEN Targhee II, this product’s exterior materials have greater durability and can handle the same tough conditions. Its middle-rise design is better at protecting your ankles, although its rubber sole only covers the lower front part of the foot and does not afford as much toe protection as the Targhee II’s rubber toe cage.
For the style-conscious, the Altitude Glide’s appearance is more streamlined, dark, and rugged; this also means that it is a better option for handling dirt and mud staining than the brightly-colored Targhee II.
Compared to Columbia’s Newton Ridge boots, Hi-Tec’s shoes have less ventilation due to their full-leather exterior, but more temperature and moisture protection from the elements.
Therefore, this shoe would be a better choice for you if you intend on trekking through colder, wetter conditions, while Columbia’s footwear may be better if you plan on going through hotter, more humid environments. In addition, this boot initially has more traction due to its carbon rubber sole, but the Newton Ridge wears less quickly and retains its tread longer.
For more hiking equipment reviews be sure to check out baseoutdoor.com.
Hi-Tec Sports USA was founded in 1978 and is best known as the company that produced the first lightweight hiking boot. Today, the company has spread its mission worldwide, bringing lightweight, well-made, and comfortable outdoor footwear to over 70 countries around the world.
In A Nutshell
This boot is, without a doubt, a very dependable short-term footwear choice. It requires almost no breaking-in time, and is very lightweight while maintaining comfort. In addition, it has top-of-the-line waterproofing technology, a wonderful memory-foam sole, and a beautiful, classic leather design.
It has some minor flaws, such as the fact that according to some customers, the tread of the outer sole wears and loses texture more quickly than they would like. However, considering this shoe’s extremely reasonable price and its many useful features, it is still a good pick for those venturing into colder, wetter climes.
Check out more quality boots for hiking:
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Men's Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and mesh bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- VERSATILE STYLE: This men's waterproof hiking boot delivers style and durability with its contrasting color combinations and soft mesh exterior.
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow.
- Waterproof membrane seals out water and lets moisture escape
- Pigskin leather and mesh upper
- Metal hook traditional lace closure
- Bellows tongue keeps out debris
- Protective toe cap
- CLASS DESIGN:These excellent looking boots are crafted from premium suede synthetic leather and mesh, design for classic mountaineering style and a striking contemporary aesthetic.
- COMFORT SOLE:The outsole of the mens hiking boots is made from thermo-plastic-rubber material which can greatly reduce vibration from collision.And the removable insole is made of memory foam which will provide strong arch support.Even if you wear them all day, you will feel relaxed and comfortable.
- NON SLIP :The pattern of the outsole has a strong non-slip function. Each of your steps will become steadier and safer.
- WATERPROOF CONSTRUCTION:The waterproof upper and lining will keep your feet dry in even the harshest weather conditions and environments.
- PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR:This functional and durable piece of footwear is perfectly suited to day hikes on rocky terrains or woodland treks.
- Comfortableness: NORTIV 8 Men's Waterproof Hiking Boots certainly delivers on all-day comfort! Removable and shock-absorbent cushioned insoles offer the best support for your feet.
- Lightweight and Flexible EVA midsoles: reduce foot fatigue. They are designed for long-lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return.
- Non-slip & Durable: High-quality rubber soles are fully slip-proof and feature advanced traction for firm stability on challenging terrains. No more slipping and falling on wet or muddy surfaces!
- Perfect for Outdoors: Designed for both daily work and outdoor activities like hiking, hunting, camping, climbing, cycling, fishing, running, backpacking, trekking, mountaineering, traveling, and so on.
- What You Get: Nortiv 8 aims at providing high-quality outdoor shoes.
- Durable & Breathable: Free Soldier Men's hiking boots' uppers are made of breathable mesh fabric and sturdy suede leather. The flexible collar and gusseted tongue allow for better air circulation. When you are engaged in strenuous activities, Men's outdoor hiking shoes will let moisture out and fresh air in, so that your feet will stay in dry condition.
- Waterproof & Nonslip: Mesh uppers and linings have been specially designed in these Waterproof hiking boots for men. No worries about getting your feet wet when going through water. The outsoles are full of anti-skid rubber bumps in rich patterns, providing a strong grip on rugged terrain and thus boosting the trekking shoes' safeguarding performance.
- Comfort & Fit: The removable insole of men's hiking shoes is breathable and sweat-absorbing, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day. The lightweight EVA midsole provides shock absorption, superior cushioning, and arch support, all of which aid in relieving foot fatigue.And the waterproof hiking shoes' soft smooth padding, wrapping feet firmly and comfortably, provides ample ankle support.
- Practical & Protective: The quick-fastening lace system makes it convenient for you to take off or put on the mountaineering boots easily. The reinforced toe cap and heel greatly reduce the likelihood of an accidental collision.The Free Soldier Hiking boots mens provide all-around lasting protection for your feet.
- RISK-FREE PURCHASE: Don't worry about missing limited 30-day return window,We offer a 120-day damaged replacement,Please do not hesitate to contact us,We'll make sure to take care of your request for help,Buy with confidence
- BREATHABLE: water resistant oiled nubuck leather upper with vented mesh panels for comfort; breathable mesh lining keeps your feet cool while hikin
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces; Non marking rubber outsoles leaves no trace or imprints when walking indoors
- SUPPORT: external support shank delivers balance on uneven surfaces; contoured heel provides next level stability
- FIT: mid profile upper for comfort and secure fit with padded tongue and collar
- COMFORT: removable metatomical footbed design provides excellent arch support and cradles to the natural contours of the foot
- Nubuck, Mesh Upper
- Vibram Outsole
- Nylon Arch Shank
- EVA Midsole for cushion
- Breathable Mesh Lining
- ALL-DAY COMFORT: Featuring the ATS technology, the Terrain hiking boots offer durability and all-day comfort; These women's hiking and endurance boots are prepared to take challenges head on; In addition to being ready to tackle the trail, they’re also stirrup friendly to keep you comfortable on horseback as well
- WATERPROOF FOOTWEAR: Robust and rugged, the oiled full-grain leather of these hiking shoes for women is made using the Waterproof PRO technology, keeping the water out and your feet dry, even in heavy rain
- SUPERIOR SHOCK-ABSORPTION: Featuring a lightweight EVA midsole for superior shock absorption and the Duratread outsole for maximum wear resistance and flexibility, you'll stay sure-footed and comfortable; A must have for any rider, hiker or hunter
- ALL DAY DRY: With the Waterproof PRO on the outside and a moisture-wicking lining on the inside, these men's hiking boots will help keep your feet stay dry from dawn to dusk
- SCIENCE OF INNOVATION: Ariat excels in advanced technologies to deliver products that outperform in various conditions; Partnering with world-class biomechanical research groups and testing labs, Ariat strives to improve performance, comfort, and durability