Summertime is here and you have decided that this is the summer for endless fun and recreation on the water. And, maybe you have been talking with the water enthusiast around your neighborhood about buying some cool watercraft to take out for a spin on the weekends.
- Make the most out of those hot days with the Intex Explorer K2 2 Person Inflatable Kayak Set
- 2 person inflatable water craft great for lakes and mild rivers
- Made of rugged 30 gauge vinyl, made stronger for durability
- Inflatable seats with backrests are adjustable for a comfortable ride
- Inflatable I beam floors for stability
Then maybe the idea of a boat of some sort came to mind. But you don’t know the first thing about sailing or being on the water or anything like that. No problem.
Intex Explorer K2 – For Lakes & Mild Rivers
Consider These Points Before Buying Your Water Craft
Now that you have made your decision that you need some awesome watercraft this summer, you need to know what to look for. Here are a few things to consider before making your purchase.
- Is this is a one-time hobby or are you going to be taking it out on a daily basis? This is important when considering the price, as you probably wouldn’t pay a high price for something that you may be only taking out on the water once or twice per month.
- Will you be taking your craft out on calm lakes or raging rivers?
- Are you going to be sailing solo or will you be sailing with a partner or friend?
- Is it going to be used for recreation? Maybe it is for both? So maybe you want something more all-purpose than just specificity.
- Do you have adequate storage facilities to put your kayak up when you are done using it? Will you store it in the garage or in a spare room in your house?
- How much experience do you have using water-borne vehicles? Are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced?
Now This Is An Awesome Water Toy
Out of all your water toys for the summer, the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak will be the best bang for your buck. Just take a look at the features of this incredible kayak.
- Easy To Assemble. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or a seasoned kayak user, this is the king of kayaks when it comes to usability. The kayak only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to assemble and can fit into a trunk and even carried by one person in the included travel bag.
- Great Appearance. It features a bright colored paint job. This is important not only for sporty and aesthetic reasons but for maximum visibility and safety while on the water
- Safety. Safety is king and this is U.S Coast Guard I.D and TUV approved. It also comes with a repair patch and grab lines. Furthermore, it also has inflatable I-beam floors, which provides excellent stability. You won’t have to worry about falling down, (provided you are seated), as the craft is stable and is versatile. Furthermore, handling small waves on the open shore is a breeze.
- Bring a Friend. This big bright yellow bad boy seats two people. Its inflatable seats with backrests are easily adjustable giving both of you a comfortable ride. And heck, if your friend decides not to come with you, you can easily utilize that extra seat for your luggage if need be.
- Strong & Lightweight. A perfect combination. It’s both light and strong, and you can’t beat that. This bad boy can hold up to 350 lbs. It is made of trademarked SUPER-TOUGH 30-gauge vinyl. You won’t have to worry about straining a muscle when getting it from the postman either. This super strong boat is super lightweight with a total shipping weight of only 36 lbs.
- Speed & Ease of Use. We all want to get to the fun as fast as possible. This kayak makes it a cinch. Grab lines on the front and back makes entry and exit from the water effortless. The seats and floorboards inflate and deflate quickly for fast portability. In essence, using it is really dummy proof; so easy a child can use it. After all, sometimes the most simple is often the best way.
Take a look at our other kayak review about the Advanced Elements Firefly Kayak.
So, if you are looking for a great, quality, easy to use and reliable aqua toy to set sail with this summer, this is the one. You will enjoy enjoy and you will be the star of the summer with this excellent watercraft.
For more great kayaks there are always more great options:
- Comfortable for anyone: Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest; Cockpit designed for comfort and space
- Dimensions: Inflated size 10 feet 3 x 3 feet x 1 feet 8 inch; Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Directional stability: Removable SKEG for directional stability
- Increased visibility: In case of emergency, bright yellow color helps visibility
- Made for smaller bodies of water: Explorer k2 is made for smaller bodies of water including lakes and mild rivers
- Exterior: 12' 6" x 3' 3" / Weight: 40 Lbs. / Capacity: 2-3 Adults or 750 Lbs.
- Material: 1000 Denier Reinforced / Seam: Overlapped Seams
- Floor: Separate High Pressure Drop Stitch Floor
- Whitewater Rating: Suitable up to Class IV
- Inflation Time: 8 Mins.
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: Light weight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and stability, with high pressure spring loaded valves for easy inflation and fast deflation
- Includes 2 removable skegs for deep and shallow water, 2 floor mounted footrests, 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders, 2 adjustable bucket seats
- Removable and adjustable mounting bracket for additional accessories, such as GPS systems, fish finders, swivel fishing rod holders etc. Includes a carry bag and repair patch
- Storage space in bow and Stern with stainless steel d rings for tying down Dry bags and gear; Kayak total weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Holds 2 people up to 400 pounds: Inflatable 2-person kayak with included 86-inch long oars and air pump can hold up to 400 pounds
- Designed for speed and agility in the water: Long skeg is great for straight-line tracking, while the short skeg is great for quick and easy turns
- Tough vinyl construction for adventuring: Heavy-duty, puncture-resistant vinyl with 3 separate air chambers and an inflatable I-beam floor for rigidity
- Easy to handle in and out of the water: Grabline and carry handles on the front and back for easy transport even when inflated
- Includes: Inflatable seats with backrests that are removable and adjustable; 2 dry bags and a carry bag for carrying the kayak and accessories when not in use
- Inflatable 2 Person Vinyl Kayak with Oars & Pump, Red (2 Pack)
- Includes 85.83-inch long oars and air pump
- Carry handles on the front and back for easy transport even when inflated
- Doesn't lose color or structural strength when in contact with oil, petrol, salt water, or other chemical agents
- Low profile makes it usable in rivers or lakes
- INFLATES QUICKLY: The Driftsun Voyager 2 Person Inflatable Kayak inflates to a full size kayak (11' x 35” x 16”) in less than 5 minutes with the included deluxe high flow double action hand pump. Go from garage, to trunk, to water in no time!
- COMPACT & MANEUVERABLE: When deflated for transport this inflatable tandem kayak measures only 26”(L) x 16”(W) x 8”(H) and fits nicely into the included carry bag. It’s lightweight design makes it easy to handle by one person, weighing in at only 27 lbs.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Heavy-duty PVC Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures, Double Threaded Boston valves are guaranteed not to leak, and tough 840D coated nylon oxford fabric top cover is rip and tear resistant.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Rocker profile and pointed nose entry (bow) delivers excellent performance in both calm and choppy waters, Removable deep fin provides responsive tracking, rear drain plug for easy draining/cleaning and High Quality EVA padded seats offer High-back support for hours of comfortable cruising for both children and adults.
- EVERYTHING INCLUDED! – Driftsun Voyager Inflatable Tandem Kayak, (2) Adjustable EVA padded seats, (2) Aluminum kayak paddles with ergonomic grip handles, Deluxe double action hand pump, Rear tracking fin, and Travel bag.
- INFLATES QUICKLY- The Elkton Outdoors Inflatable 2 Person Kayak inflates in only minutes from its compact storage size to a full size kayak! When fully inflated the dimensions of the kayak are (118in. x 35in x 16in) making kayak fishing more convenient than ever!
- RUGGED & DURABLE- Elkton Outdoors tandem fishing kayak is constructed with 18-Gauge rip resistant 1000D PVC making it tear and HOOK resistant so you dont have to worry about springing a leak when you are out on the lake!
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED- Includes all the fishing kayak accessories you need to hit the water including 2 Adjustable Seats, Rod Holders(2 Vertical & 4 Trolling), Double Sided Oars, Double Action Pump & Carry Bag!
- GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO CONVENTIONAL KAYAKS- Our Inflatable fishing kayak is compact and lightweight without compromising performance making it a great alternative to a traditional kayak!
- EASY TO REPAIR AND ADJUST- Three separate removable air chambers allows for quick and simple adjustments, diagnosis and repair!
- Touring and Recreational Kayak - The Almanor series is designed with a long waterline for speed and long glides. Great for distance paddling, best used on flat water and mild ocean chop.
- EVA Padded High Back Seats - Save your rear and your back.Our seats provide a high level of cushion and support, and can be adjusted for just about any seating position.
- Hull Design - Hull is made with rugged 600d polyester for long-life fun and UV protection. Uses industry best 24 gauge air bladders. With durability and safety at its core the Almanor 146 was engineered to perform at peak levels
- Package Includes - (1) Adjustable EVA Padded Seat with High Back Support, (1) Dual Blade Kayak Paddle, (1) Deluxe Dual Action Pump, (1) Quick-release fin, (1) Foot Rest, and (1) Travel Bag
- Kayak Specifications - Exterior: 11’(L) x 34”(W) / Weight: 23 Lbs. / Capacity: 300 Lbs. 1 Adult, Gear, or a Furry Friend / Inflation Time: 9 Mins. / Inflation Pressure: 1 PSI Side Tubes & 2 PSI Floor