Interested in wild game nutrition. This infographic is the perfect guide to the healthiest wild game meat.
After a successful hunt, the carryout and the butchering we hunters get to enjoy some of the most nutritional wild game meat nature has to offer.
This guide covers a very wide range of wild game nutrition facts such as elk meat nutrition, wild boar meat nutrition, the benefits of deer meat and the nutritional value of rabbits just to name a few.
Why Does Wild Game Meat Offer So Many Nutritional Benefits?
Game meats are typically lower in fat than domesticated animals such as cows and sheep primarily because they eat a range of plants rather than a diet of grains.
The majority of wild game meat also has fewer calories and lower cholesterol levels compared to standard beef. Wild game is an excellent source of protein and omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids (these are good fatty acids) plus a large dose of minerals all adds to healthy wild game nutrition.
Based on scientific data from the United States Department of Agriculture, this ultimate wild game nutrition infographic will help you better understand the many other benefits you get as a hunter in eating wild game meat, in addition to all the exercise and fresh air of being outdoors when harvesting your animal.
Wild Game Nutrition Benefits Snapshot Compared To Traditional Grain Fed Beef
- Wild game meat contains less saturated fat, increased amounts of good cholesterol and lower levels of bad cholesterol. This helps reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- The omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids found in the healthiest wild game meat help with brain development – get the kids eating more, improve the immune system and help with blood pressure regulation as well as the lowering of bad cholesterol.
- Wild game meat is high in iron and protein which provides us with hunting energy without the high calorie count.
- The vitamins and minerals found in the healthiest wild game meat helps with our metabolism.
- Wild game meat is not processed which reduces the risk of diabetes type 2.
Summary Of Wild Game Nutrition
So wild game meat nutrition is better on average compared to domesticated animals. Wild game is the original grass-fed meat and is a sustainable food source with less impact on the environment compared to current high-intensity farming methods.
If you are hunting for elk meat nutrition wild boar meat nutrition the benefits of deer meat or the nutritional value of a rabbit the healthiest wild game meat in this infographic will have you covered.
Check out this video for more tips and facts:
No wonder the healthiest wild game meat is now becoming popular in so many restaurants around the country
And most importantly it tastes great!
Please feel free to share this infographic with your buddies, on social media, or with those who have not had the pleasure of a beautifully cooked venison steak.