Fisher is an American company that capitalizes on the quality and craftsmanship of its German heritage. Founder, Gerhard Fischer, immigrated to the United States from Germany at the beginning of the twentieth century. He was an accomplished engineer who studied and worked at the Technical University of Dresden.
After moving to Los Angeles in the 1920s, Dr. Fischer acquired a patent for the right to manufacture radio equipment for aircraft. His work at the California Technical University drew the attention of Albert Einstein.
They collaborated, and after demonstrating his success with Dr. Fischer, Einstein prophesied the possible use of their inventions, not only in the air, but on the ground and underwater. Their names would be known around the world!
While working with Fischer’s first models, the pilots noticed errors in the device readings. Interference appeared during the passage of certain areas of the earth or when installing metal objects in the area between the transmitter and receiver.
The problem persisted and was reported from users around the world, all using the radio device in different environments and aircraft.
Dr. Fischer set out to discover the reason and, in the course of his research, discovered the high conductivity of mineralized plots of land. Using this newfound information Gerhard posited it was possible to create a unique device for detecting metal objects in the soil or, possibly, mineral deposits.
The first buyer boom for metal detectors, then called metalloscopes, was in the 30s. Fischer’s device found application in geology, in the search for treasures, and in the work of law enforcement agencies as well as military situations.
Fischer’s quality products were bound for success. The popularity of the devices grew, and it was decided to open a large-scale production in the State of California. The metal detectors of this company were used all over the world, and everyone who dreamed of finding treasure dreamed of Fisher products.
Since its inception, the Gerhard Fisher Research Laboratory has grown into a full-fledged plant for the production of the best metal detectors and other equipment intended for searches.
These days, Fisher metal detectors remain market contenders with quality technology and devices designed for consumer convenience. A liquid crystal screen installed on each device provides all the necessary information, including all these metal detectors as well as the depth of the subject.
It also shares information pertaining to the material of the find. Fisher metal detectors provide you with an intuitive interface, as well as flexibility in settings and ease of operation.
German quality combined with American development will turn searches into a true pleasure!
You can always check out our other posts if you’re interested in the best metal detectors overall on the market.
Top Best Fisher Metal Detectors
1. Fisher F22 Weatherproof Metal Detector with Submersible Search Coil
The Fisher F22 metal detector is the standard model of the new Fisher series of detectors, designed for more experienced searchers. Thanks to moisture-proof parts, the device can be used both on land and in water.
You cannot submerge the device underwater as the headphone jack is not protected. The detector is perfect for difficult weather conditions, as well as for beach searches.
The Fisher F22 metal detector is equipped with a 9-inch ellipsoid coil, allowing selectively refers to closely spaced targets. The coil has an increased detection depth. The large informative LCD-display provides useful information including the size of the find, its depth, discrimination indicators, iron content, etc.
Using the menu, you can choose one of three predefined search programs that are most suitable for the given conditions—coins, jewelry, or historical relics.
If none of the ready-made programs fit, then you can customize your settings using the fourth Custom program. Like most metal detectors of the same class, the Fisher F22 has a pre-set ground adjustment value.
In addition to polyphonic sound indication, the Fisher F22 metal detector has the ability to adjust the sound volume of iron objects separately from the sound volume of targets made of non-ferrous metals. This is helpful in areas heavily littered with metal waste. If necessary, this function can be disabled.
For more information on price and specs, follow the product link.
2. Fisher Gold Bug Metal Detector
This model is another innovation in the world of Fisher Research Labs.
This device is designed specifically for serious, sophisticated treasure hunters and is designed specifically to search for native gold.
The Gold Bug metal detector will not allow you to pass by a precious find, even if it is hidden by a thick layer of soil. It’s a well-constructed machine with multiple functionality that doesn’t stop with gold searches.
Thanks to Fisher Gold Bug’s high sensitivity, you can find imperial coins and other ancient antiques as well. It is worth noting that Gold Bug Pro works effectively even in well-searched areas.
Its ability to scan the soil at larger depths allows the searcher to find objects that other searchers have passed over. The device weighs slightly more than a kilogram, making it ideal for long-term use in any area. It’s indispensable for mountainous searches and other rough terrain, making it the prime pick for searchers who are working several hours at a time.
3. Fisher F75 Metal Detector
The F75 model from the Fisher line of metal detectors was developed for diggers who are serious about treasure hunting and whose level of search work can be called professional.
According to the Fisher F75 review, this device has gained many adherents and has earned a lot of positive feedback from advanced searchers for the professional capabilities inherent in high-end detectors.
Fisher F75 is perfectly arranged and balanced and is considered one of the most ergonomic devices. The weight of the device does not exceed 1.3 kg, so successful balancing does not tire your hand, and long searches can be executed with greater efficiency. You can continue to search for hours, and your hand will not tire.
The device has four operating frequencies. Operation at a frequency of 13 kHz gives it the ability to accurately pick up even weak signals that are not available to other detectors and detect coins, jewelry, small fragments of artifacts, gold, and especially silver items at various depths and in different modes.
It is equipped with an 11-inch elliptical BiAxial coil, which showed stable operation on soils and a search depth from 45 cm for coins to 2.2 m for large items.
The F75 has manual and automatic ground balancing Fastgrab. Detuning from the soil can be performed both in the all metals mode and in the discrimination mode. The Fisher F75 discriminator is highly accurate in detecting even weak signals.
The percentage of errors is negligible. Ideal for work in littered areas, it gives clear signals with high precision processing. An eight-tone sound notification system and an LCD screen with a clear indication display provide quality searching even in poor visibility conditions.
Since the device is designed for professional search, it requires careful fine-tuning. With a simple, intuitive menu, it will not be difficult to master the settings. With practice, even novice diggers will learn to take advantage of all features and setting on the F75.
4. Fisher CZ21-8 Underwater Metal Detector
Fisher CZ 21 is a dual-frequency underwater metal detector for professionals. Thanks to the use of special signal processing, it filters salty water well and is suitable for working in seawater. The lower frequency of 5 kHz detects a variety of objects, and the upper 15 kHz increases sensitivity to non-ferrous metals, especially small ones.
In short, the Fisher CZ-21 has great balance and is easy to use. The control unit mounts on the belt. The water resistant 10.5” coil is a favorite feature, and the casing is sealed and waterproof. Dive up to 76 meters and use the comfortable, adjustable armrest for best searching.
5. Fisher F44 Metal Detector
The Fisher F44 metal detector is a universal search instrument equipped with everything necessary for the quick and accurate detection and identification of every object. The device is suitable for any direction of treasure hunting: coin search, military archeology, an inspection of abandoned houses, beach search for jewelry, searching for treasures, and historical relics.
Moderate functionality involves the use of a detector for both novice users and for more advanced searchers. The Fisher F44 metal detector is simple to turn on and use immediately, while the search efficiency is quite high, and its versatility will help beginners decide in determining their treasure hunting direction.
The device operates at a frequency of 7.69 kHz, which is optimally suited for targets of any size, and an 11-inch non-standard mono-coil pierces a fairly good depth.
This feature combination allows you to use the Fisher F44 metal detector to search for both small and large targets lying deep enough.
To determine the type of metal, a 9-segment discrimination scale and VDI numbers are used. The detector is equipped with automatic adjustment to the ground, allowing the instrument to independently select the type of soil to reduce the effect of mineralization.
For finer tuning, the Fisher F44 has a manual soil balance mode. There is a special mode for pinpointing the location of a detected target—a pinpoint that will quickly locate a lost find in the freshly dug ground.
The Fisher F44 metal detector is equipped with a large screen on which the data of the search process and the characteristics of the find are displayed boldly. The large, clear display improves information perception for people with poor vision, and a backlight mode provides visibility in dimly lit places.
Choose one of four pre-installed programs that will optimally match your search tasks, or personalize setting sin the fifth program. F44 is lightweight, which allows you to examine large areas for long periods of time. The original shape of the coil allows you to penetrate hard-to-reach places with the narrow front end.
Where Can I Buy a Fisher Metal Detector?
Detectors from Fisher Research Labs are popular enough, so we don’t think you’ll have trouble searching for them even if you plan to purchase the device online or in a brick and mortar shop.
Along with numerous dealers, you can find this manufacturer on Amazon. We found the best prices on Amazon and dealers’ websites.
Where Can I Repair a Fisher Metal Detector?
Fisher provides warranty repairs in their service center. You can find locations near you by visiting the official Fisher website.
Please note that since September 2009, all Fisher-brand metal detectors officially are marked with holographic stickers.
The presence of such a sticker on the metal detector control unit complete with a warranty card with the seal of the company is a guarantee that the detector you purchased is official and that all warranty obligations of the detector manufacturer apply to it.
Advantages of purchasing an official device:
- High-quality service, confirmed by the manufacturer’s certificate
- Official service center carries out quick repairs (2-14 days), without the need to send it to the manufacturer
- Warranty period of up to 2 years
- Access to the database of spare parts and accessories—over 200 items in stock
Why we do not recommend buying an unofficial (gray) device:
- The Manufacturer’s Warranty involves sending repairs directly to the factory, abroad, with a repair period of up to 2 months
- Risk of customs duties or loss of the device when shipped from abroad
- Risk receiving a reconditioned device instead of new—case and external elements may be new with reconditioned/used internal parts sold at a discount (a common practice in the USA)
- Poor quality service by individuals importing devices by mail or smuggling
- Imported devices may be smuggled; smugglers may be prosecuted by law enforcement agencies and buyers are at risk of being charged with smuggling
- Lack of access to spare parts and accessories
Where Can I Buy Parts for Fisher Metal Detector?
You can purchase parts for Fisher both online and in brick and mortar stores. Parts sold for Fisher products include headphones for metal detectors, batteries, chargers and digital panels, rods, and covers for metal detectors.
Fisher vs Garrett
Let’s compare F75 and Ace 250. After having Ace 250, the owner of the new F75 receives tuning/tuning to the ground, the ability to understand what a threshold signal is, VDI output, a slightly more accurate and wider metal discriminator, rich tonal response and an above average search.
The increase in opportunities is significant, and you’ll find yourself with fewer empty pits and more finds.
The Fisher F75 unit is mounted on the finger, but this positioning does not change machine function. The F75 handle is more convenient than the ACE 250. It is thicker, and the coating is fixed (with Garrett, the coating begins to “spin” on the bar over time).
Fisher has wide range armrest adjustability that is easy to change and customize. The Garrett Ace 250 has two adjustability settings, and a screwdriver is required for adjustments.
Fisher Pros and Cons
Garrett Pros and Cons
Fisher vs Whites
Comparison of the Fisher Gemini 3 and Whites TM-808 metal detectors began with finding out which device is more convenient to transport. Fisher travels conveniently since the transmitter and receiver are connected with special latches into a compact case.
The bar is disassembled into three parts. In disassembled form, it easily fits in a small backpack. The TM 808 requires a larger container since the handle does not detach, and the frames cannot be disassembled. You can only remove the frames of the receiving and transmitting elements of the block. A backpack of 50-60 liters is will suffice.
The target detection depth declared by the manufacturer is 6 meters. This figure was most likely obtained in laboratory tests, examining the reaction to the so-called infinitely large target.
When comparing devices for ease of use and comfort of the search, we prefer the TM-808. It allows you to search both on flat terrain and on rough terrain, including with different levels of soil in the forest zone.
The rigid connection of the body and the short handle provide a relatively small device which allows you to keep the metal detector at the same distance from the ground, thereby reducing the number of false signals.
Fisher Pros and Cons
Whites Pros and Cons
Fisher vs Bounty Hunter
Fisher F44 or Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro? According to various sources, Fisher, Teknetics, and Bounty Hunter are produced by the same parent company located in America.
Fisher is an elite brand, the top line, akin to Toyota’s luxury brand, Lexus. The proven and reliable innovations are present in all makes and models.
Teknetics is provides average performance at a reasonable price and midline quality. Bounty Hunter is a platform for testing improvements and innovations to new technologies of the other two brands.
In a nutshell, something like Fisher is the best choice. It uses 2 AA batteries instead of the Krona, maintains quality moisture resistance, and is constructed from quality materials. The Fisher’s resale value far outweighs the other brands.
Fisher Pros and Cons
Bounty Hunter Pros and Cons
Novice and expert searches alike find themselves drawn to the Fisher brand and its reputation for quality performance. Rest assured that during your tenure in treasure hunting, you will find yourself using a Fisher product. Elite and exceptional, it sets the bar high for other brands.
If you’re interested in learning more about Fisher and other metal detector brands, contact the Base Outdoor Team, and we’ll move you in the right direction.
- Automatic Retune Button. Sensitivity Selector.
- Manual Ground Compensation. Headphone Jack.
- Takes 2 x 9V Batteries.
- Weight: 3.9lbs. Operating Frequency: 4.5kHz
- Battery Life: Alkaline 25 – 35 hours. Dimensions: Length: 38” to 50” adjustable (96cm to 127cm).
- ALL PURPOSE METAL DETECTOR: Weatherproof metal detector that can detect Jewelry, Coins, and Artifacts on land and shallow water. Finds metal targets on the surface and buried up to nine inches deep.
- TREASURE HUNT IN ANY CONDITION: This metal detector is weatherproof for use in the harshest weather and environments. Rain or shine, this metal detector can find treasure.
- JUST TURN-ON-AND-GO: A metal detector made for adults but easy enough for a child to operate. Easy-to-use features like discrimination, sensitivity, notch, and pinpoint make finding treasures buried deep underground a breeze.
- ACCURATE ALL METAL DETECTORS: This underground detector distinguishes between valuable targets and unwanted metals. Quickly identify all types of buried targets by Target Categories and a 0-99 numeric Target-ID, enhanced with a 4-Tone Audio-ID System.
- LIGHTWEIGHT ERGONOMIC & COMFORTABLE: This well-balanced weatherproof metal detector weighs approximately 2 pounds and has a padded hand grip and arm cup for comfortable treasure hunting.
- 3 Modes of Operation: JEWELRY, COIN, ARTIFACT
- 9-Segment Visual Target-ID
- 4-Tone Audio-ID
- 6 Levels of Adjustable Sensitivity and Volume
- Powerful 71 kHz Operation for extreme sensitivity to small gold nuggets
- 'IRON DISC'' mode rejects iron (trash) targets and hot rocks.
- Both 6.5 inch and 10 inch coils included.
- Only 2.9 pounds and convertible to hip mount or chest mount
- Dual-knob ground control for coarse and fine adjustment.
- Features Boost Process substantially increases depth under most conditions Lightest and best balanced of all high-performance metal detectors; Best Ergonomics in the Industry Powerful Performance Trigger-Actuated Target Pinpointing with Variable Audio Pitch Ability to activate and deactivate DST Mode (Digital Shielding Technology) for the ultimate in EMI Suppression FA (Fast Process) – Improved Target Separation
- Three new levels of FeTone: Iron Audio Off, Low or Medium (complements existing “High” setting) Adjustable Audio Pitch now in the Discrimination Mode Embedded Serial Number – Serialization now stored electronically Fisher F75 Advanced Visual & Audio Target ID Metal Detector The Ultimate Detector! The metal detecting industry’s premier relic hunting and general purpose metal detector
- Lightest and best balanced of all high-performance metal detectors; Best Ergonomics in the Industry Powerful Performance Trigger-Actuated Target Pinpointing with Variable Audio Pitch Large LCD Screen with 0-99 Numeric Target Identification Display Double-Filter Discrimination Modes for Searching in Trashy Areas Magnetic Mineralization Bar Graph and Readout
- Trigger-Actuated FASTGRAB Ground Balance Manual Ground Cancellation Option Non-Volatile Memory Saves Settings
- Backlight – For Low Light Hunting Conditions Low Operating Cost – Typically 40+ Hours with 4-AA Alkaline Batteries 11” DD Waterproof Search Coil included
- Pulse Induction Technology: High performance in saltwater and highly mineralized soils; superior to VLF designs.
- Superior Battery Life: our 2xAA operating cost is 1/8th that of any 9V design.
- Deepest Detection Available: powerful Pulse Induction design detects coins up to 4 inches deep.
- Waterproof down to 6 feet deep.
- Abrasion Resistant: Tip will not wear through like pinpointers made from general purpose plastic.
- Automatic Retune Button
- Sensitivity Selector
- Manual Ground Compensation
- Headphone Jack
- V.C.O. audio response for target pinpointing
- Inductive Search Mode
- Conductive Trace Mode
- Wide and Narrow Scan Inductive Trace modes
- 60-Cycle Noise Reduction circuitry