Camping in the holidays sounds like a great idea but, frustration followed by nasty mosquitos, turning my excitement into a disaster, candle, and torches don’t seem to work outside.
- Scout Mosquito Repellent Camp Lantern creates a 15-ft mosquito protection zone. 220 lumen LED lantern & repeller operate independently or together. Features rubber over mold, water & impact resistance, and hanging hook.
- No cords or hassle, repellent is powered by a safe compact 12-hr fuel cartridge (included). Repel without smoke, flames, or citronella. Not a messy trap or gimmicky sonic. Independently tested. EPA reviewed for safety & effectiveness.
- Unscented repellent mats (3 included) last up to 4 hours each and change color when time to refill. No mess, no DEET, no spray, and no on-skin chemicals make Thermacell better. Light requires 4 AA batteries (not included).
- Our active ingredient is based on naturally occurring repellents found in plants. We've harnessed its power to fight the toughest mosquitoes on earth (including in your backyard)
- Extend your warranty to two years with registration (automatic 1-year warranty included). Developed and Tested at our New England based R&D center. We stand by our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
At the same time, spray and applicants might be allergic, messy, smelly, and unpleasant.
Well, I found a solution to all my problems “Thermacell Compact Scout Mosquito Repellant camp lantern,” my ultimate saver from bugs during my dream camping. It surrounds me by 15 feet mosquito repellant zone.
All fuel power Thermacell mosquito rappeler work in the same way. In short, I love the product, and it will be a must on my list for all of my outdoor activities.
ThermaCell Scout Mosquito Repellent Camping Lantern
It is a small size of a full-size lantern. It has most of the features of a full-size lamp easily adjustable and portable. It has a dual effect of repellency, and light provision for my camping site, and the best part is that both functions independently of each other.
Even if the battery runs out, I don’t have to worry about its repellency power. It consists of 1 max life rappeler mat, one butane cartridge, and a Thermacell Trailblazer camp lantern. EPA evaluated it and ensured its safety and effectiveness.
Prominent features as a light
It is made up of durable ABS and rubber and is a water-resistant lantern
light is soothingly soft and prevents eye blinking. It has four different view setting low, medium, high and SOS
220 lumen gives me a run time of 40 hours on 4AA batteries (not included) on low setting and 10 hours on the high setting
Prominent features as a repellant
The compact scout lantern provides 15 feet bug-free zone to enjoy my outdoor
The bugs free unique protection zone is created by allethrin that is a synthetic copy of natural repellent extracted from Chrysanthemum flowers.
It comes with max life 12-hour repellency mat. It matches up with its butane cartridge one to one. The carpet has tabs on either side that make it easily adjustable without jamming it. Once I set the max life mat, I forget about it for the whole day or a full night.
How it works
An assembling guide is provided with each product however I assemble it with following steps
Remove the lantern from its base then remove the cartilage cap, insert it in the light and place it on the top
Slide the repellent mat into place
Rotate the collar to the on position and wait, then rotate the collar to the start position until it clicks and checks the flame window and bingo it is lit
Happy go dancing features
It creates an odor-free, DEET free and smoke-free environment. A hook on the bottom for hanging purpose as well as an AA battery, last but not least, a max life mat.
However, it had lots of priceless features, but I do have one concern, and that is the cost of the consumables and refills for domestic use, although for camping, I consider it worth a mosquito-free environment.
I can now sit back and enjoy my relaxing campsite while smirking on tiny little bloodthirsty bug eyes waiting outside protection zone, sorry bugs, but I don’t let you feed on me.
You can find all essential equipment for camping on our site, such as Slumberjack Latitude sleeping mummy bag.